Adult Tap Classes Melbourne
Isabelle’s Academy of Tap, a Melbourne based tap dance school, specialises in teaching adults a spectrum of tap styles from traditional, jazz, musical theatre, pop, funk to that of the uniquely Australian Tap Dogs. This diverse repertoire of styles pays tribute to the rich heritage of tap dance and its talented exponents who have breathed life into this art form since it blossomed in America in the early twentieth century.
Founded in 1980, Isabelle Ryan, the Principal of Isabelle’s Academy of Tap, along with her associate Megan Ellis, teaches adults from absolute beginners to professional dancers. We welcome you all and look forward to seeing you at our classes soon!
Benefits of Tap Dancing…
- Tap dancing is fun! Have you ever seen an un-happy tapper?
- It relieves stress
- It develops your balance
- It may help you lose weight
- It improves your fitness
- It is weight bearing and assists in developing bone density
- It is great for your memory
- It develops a sense of musicality and rhythm,
- And in total, gives a feeling of well-being